COVID-19 Updates and Policies
To Our Referring Physicians and Patients,
At this time, all of our clinical offices and locations are open and accepting patient appointments, with patients having the option to come in person or have a virtual visit. As well, our surgeons are performing surgery at all Mount Carmel hospitals.
During our clinic shut-down last spring, we implemented a smooth system of virtual clinic visits. We continue to offer patients the option to consult with one of our surgeons for any preoperative or post-operative visit using a virtual format. For any patient without a computer or tablet, or the like, we can simply use a telephone. For patients choosing to come into the office for their visit, rest assured we have implemented stringent protocols for your safety and the safety of our surgeons and staff. These measures include:
- We apologize but no visitors or family members will be admitted with patients unless the patient has an ambulatory or cognitive impairment.
- Temperature checks of patients, visitors, staff and surgeons. No one will be admitted with a temperature over 100 degrees.
- Every patient and visitor will be asked screening questions and provided a mask.
- Our waiting area has been reduced to maximum capacity of 40 seats spaced 6 feet apart in all directions. We utilize social distancing throughout our facility.
- To assure that social distancing is adhered to, we will stagger appointments to avoid overlapping of registration and clinical intake. Should a situation arise that compromises this process, we may request that you provide a cell number and wait in your vehicle until called.
- All surfaces will be disinfected after each patient, to including waiting room chairs, check-in area, exam room and restrooms. Additionally, staff will disinfect clipboards and pens after each patient use.
With respect to COVID-19, we know you will have questions and concerns. Every patient admitted for surgery will receive a test for COVID-19. Any surgical patient testing positive for COVID-19 will be canceled and sent home. Surgical patients will not be held pre or post-operatively in any community including COVID-19 patients. While impossible to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure, we will make every effort to minimize that risk. For more information about the specific measures being taken at hospitals where our surgeons practice within the Mount Carmel Health System, please go to www.mountcarmelhealth.com.
We thank you in advance for your forbearance. Whether a patient or a referring physician or office, should you need immediate assistance regarding these changes, please call any of our numbers and ask to speak to our Practice Manager.